By “personal information” we mean information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person.
- We do not consider anonymized information to constitute personal information as it cannot be used to identify a specific person. We collect personal information from you when you use our site or its related websites and services (“Site”) (including, without limitation, when you buy and sell items or participate in auctions or when you telephone or email our customer support team).
- You will need to input this financial information in your profile or at the time of order. We use this financial information for billing purposes and for the fulfillment of your orders. Restricting the posting of personal information to the My Account section of the Site protects you from the possibility of fraud or identity theft. The posting by you of any personal information anywhere on the Site other than on the My Account section of the Site may lead to the suspension of your use of the Site.
- We will collect transnational information based on your activities using the Site (such as buying and selling items and participating in auctions), This transnational information is used solely in relation to the transactions you undertake on the Site and for no other reasons.
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase or post an item, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
- In some instances, when you use our Services, you may provide age, gender, interests and favorites
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us
- Bidding, buying, or selling information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as adding items to your basket, adding items to your Watch List, creating collections, and following other collections and sellers)
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction
Provide us with feedback on our products or services
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
If Signed in
When you sign in to your account on our Services, we may give you the option to stay signed in to your account for a certain period of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization. The specific actions and account activities that you or any other user of this computer/browser may take include:
- Buy or make an offer on an item
- Check out or add items to your cart
- View the activity header
- View the My SissoTraders page
- View or edit the Watch List
- View order details
- Leave Feedback
- View the profile page
- Conduct after-sale activities, like leaving Feedback, canceling orders, requesting returns or submitting claims
If you attempt to change your password, User ID, update any other account information or attempt other account activity beyond those listed above, you will be asked to enter your password.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services in order to protect your account and your personal information.
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection (COPP) puts parents in control. Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.